Tasmania is right at the top of many people’s ‘bucket list’ so after the success of our 2016 Tasmanian tour, we are once again offering this fabulous tour which not only includes some of the island’s spectacular natural sights, but also includes visits which highlight the clean and green farming practices that have made Tasmania the envy of the farming world.
A wonderful tour that encompasses the extraordinary innovation and artistic talent for which the Island State is known.
- Visits to leading family-run livestock enterprises
- Visits to artisan producers—cheese, chocolates, cider and oysters and horticultural enterprises
- Lunch at Lost Farm Restaurant at Barnbougle
- Sheffield – the Town of Murals with its pioneer theme murals painted on the old buildings
- Cradle Mountain and beautiful Dove Lake
- Strahan and a luncheon cruise on Macquarie Harbour on Tasmania’s rugged West Coast
- Port Arthur and the well-known historic sights of Hobart, including Salamanca Market
Your Tour Escort – John Rich
John has had a long and distinguished agri-political career having worked for the Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association for just over 23 years. He has served a range of commodity groups including dairy, pigs, pyrethrum, vegetables and potatoes with a State, National and International profile. John was a regular and much respected columnist for the Tasmanian Country rural newspaper for many years. He is widely travelled having either led or participated in study tours to England, Scotland, Holland, USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and China.