Japan is a country of spectacular natural beauty with gentle rural landscapes contrasting with modern, vibrant cities. Japan’s agriculture is steeped in tradition, however in many instances has adapted to modern production and management techniques. Join us for this exciting 15-day tour to Japan to see a fascinating range of agricultural and horticultural enterprises. Visit the country’s famous historic cities and soak up the centuries-old traditions for which Japan is best known. Experience a night in a Japanese ryokan (traditional inn) with onsen (natural hot spring baths) and enjoy the thrill of travelling between cities via Shinkansen – Japan’s famous bullet trains.
- Visit a Kobe beef farm to see how this delicacy is produced
- Experience the bustle and colour of Tokyo’s famous wholesale markets
- Visit a diverse selection of agricultural and horticultural enterprises
- Stay in a traditional Japanese inn with onsen (hot springs) at picturesque Matsushima Bay
- Spend four days in historic Kyoto
Your Tour Escort – Ross Keane
Ross Keane has led agricultural tours to most continents of the world. As a former Director of JBS and former Chairman of RMAC, he brings a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Red Meat and Livestock Industries particularly, but agriculture generally. His insight into agriculture in foreign countries and how it may affect the Australian Industry are well worth hearing.