Quadrant Australia is proud to offer a short and dynamic fact-finding tour across the vast savannah plains of far north Queensland. Starting in Townsville and concluding in Cairns this 14 day tour provides a comprehensive overview of the untold potential that could help Australia become the food bowl of Asia during the forthcoming century. As well as a range of visits that include some of the best cattle and cropping operations in the north there is also an unforgettable ride on the iconic Gulflander as well as free time at Karumba – on the Gulf of Carpentaria and at Lawn Hill Gorge – one of Queensland’s outback treasures and also explore the fascinating Undara Lava Tubes near Mount Surprise.
- Major cattle stations and leading irrigated cropping properties
- Charters Towers with its well preserved buildings and gold mining past
- Two relaxing night’s at Adel’s Grove adjacent to spectacular Lawn Hill National Park and farmstay at Wambiana
- Richmond with its fascinating Dinosaur Museum
- Fishing opportunities at Karumba on the Gulf of Carpentaria
Your Tour Escort - Kees Van Haasteren
Kees is from the Netherlands and began his working career with the Curacao Trading Company in Amsterdam before emigrating to Australia. He immediately became involved in agriculture, ultimately managing a large mixed property in NSW. Kees has an Advanced Diploma of Farm Management and has a keen interest in Landcare and sustainability. Kees combines his foreign language skills (English, Dutch, Spanish, German and French) with his extensive agricultural knowledge, providing a unique resource for the benefit of Australian and international visitors.