The Australian outback continues to fascinate people with its vast, vibrant and extreme landscapes, rich ecosystems and biodiversity, traditional cattle stations larger than most people can comprehend, and culture and lifestyles rich in history.
This tour provides the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of the early drovers and explorers and stay on some of Australia’s famous cattle stations, along with exploring the Top End’s cultural and natural wonders, including the World Heritage sites of Kakadu and Katherine Gorge. Experience Australia’s ancient landcapes and become immersed in traditional culture on this fascinating tour.
- Visit the Lake Argyle, Argyle Village and the Ord River Irrigation Scheme
- Enjoy a boat cruise down the Ord River to Kununurra.
- Visit the “pearling capital” of Broome
- Enjoy Katherine Gorge on a spectacular cruise and dinner at Manbulloo Homestead.
- Experience the rich biodiversity at Kakadu National Park and see ancient Aboriginal rock art
- Relax and see the sights in Darwin
Your Tour Escort – Tony Searle
Tony Searle has been involved in the NT Pastoral Industry for more than 30 years – including 14 years as manager of Paspaley Rural NT (Melaleuca & Dry River Station).
Through stories and anecdotes, Tony brings firsthand experience to the tour from the years he has spent in the Territory, managing large cattle breeding enterprises, as well as back-grounding cattle for the live export trade.
Tony is well connected with all the people we meet and places we visit as we crisscross the Top End and Kimberley. on this tour, through his active involvement in the NT Cattlemen’s Association.