Immerse yourself in the fascinating heritage and culture of the Southern States of the USA. Join livestock identity, Rod Potter and journey through Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana visiting a diverse range of agricultural enterprises, historical sites and the Oklahoma State Stock Show. Meet industry leaders and visit large scale beef and cattle ranches, a hi-tech dairy, quarter horse stud and see the famous Dallas/Fort Worth Stockyards. Extend your tour by 6 days and experience the excitement of New York and Washington DC.
- Visits to some of the leading beef cattle operations in Southern USA
- The ‘Real Texas’ of Amarillo and Lubbock the ‘Music Crossroads of the West’
- San Antonio, one of America’s oldest cities and home of ‘The Alamo’
- Modern Houston and its Kennedy Space Center
- New Orleans, famous for its bustling jazz bars and unique French and Spanish heritage
Your Tour Escort – Rod Potter
Rod Potter is a 40 plus year veteran of the livestock marketing industry having spent most of that time in the Albury and Border area. He is married with two grown children and two grandchildren. His passions include family, farming and sport, in particular cricket. He and his wife Kerin spend a fair bit of time at a newly acquired grazing block in the Upper Murray looking after it for the bank.