New for 2020 is Turkey, a special place for many Australians and a fascinating and extraordinary country where East meets West and ancient meets modern. An important stopover on the Silk Road, Turkey’s history has been touched by the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and Ottomans and ancient ruins such as Ephesus and Troy are living reminders of the past. Agriculture is still the mainstay of the country and with a diverse landscape and fertile soils, Turkey is one of the world’s few self-sufficient countries. With delicious Mediterranean cuisine, ancient monuments and the spectacular sights and sounds of Istanbul, this tour is a winner, but with the added bonus of the emotional Dawn Service at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, this tour is a must!
- Gallipoli Peninsula and the Dawn Service at Lone Pine and ANZAC Cove
- Istanbul’s spectacular sights – the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia
- Pamukkale,one of the natural wonders of the world
- Ephesus and ancient Troy
- The ancient Greek city of Pergamon and the sparkling Aegean Coast
- Diverse agricultural and farming enterprises
- Experience the colour and bustle of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar and take a cruise on the Bosphorus