This one-of-a-kind tour will take you to the fascinating Middle East where you can experience its breathtaking beauty and ancient history. Israel is such a surprising country and this tour allows you to experience first-hand the close cooperation between farmers, the agricultural industry and the technological research which has made Israel’s agricultural sector a world leader. Visits will include kibbutz, private family farms, the Israeli Cattle Breeders Association, agricultural technology companies, drip irrigation, harvest machinery solutions and desert farming systems. Visit Tel Aviv’s busiest marketplace, filled with colourful stalls and vendors, as well as the Bahai Gardens in Haifa city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Visits to innovative kibbutzim, Netafim Drip Irrigation plus waste-water facilities and Ashkelon Desalination plant
– Visit cutting-edge dairy enterprises, plant breeding and horticultural operations and meet with Israel cattle Breeders Association
– Visit Arava Agriculture R&D in the arid Arava Valley
– See the World Heritage sites of Haifa, Acre, Masada and sacred sites in Jerusalem
– See where Australians fought at Beér Sheva
Your Tour Escort - Kerry Lonergan
Kerry Lonergan grew up in the Hunter Valley and as a teenager he worked on various sheep, dairy and cattle properties. A long career in journalism led to him starting Landline in 1991 and he remains on the programme as its commodity specialist. Kerry has been to Israel many times both as a working journalist and as a tourist. He has taken a special interest in the country’s amazing ingenuity in agriculture especially with water – recycled, distilled and re-used again and again.