This remarkable tour will take you from Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges and back to the Clare and Barossa Valleys, then onto Kangaroo Island via the Murray Region and Fleurieu Peninsula. The tour takes in a wide variety of agricultural visits that showcase how innovation has enabled farmers in the driest state on the driest continent to survive and prosper. Explore the Flinders Ranges, stay overnight at Bungaree Station, one of Australia’s iconic Merino sheep studs, and enjoy the superb food and wine of the Barossa Valley. Finish the tour with three nights on Kangaroo Island where boutique farming enterprises co-exists with pristine wilderness and natural beauty.
– Adelaide – the city of wine and roses
– Wilpena Pound and the spectacular Flinders Ranges
– Historic Bungaree Station
– Local foods and wines in the Barossa and Clare Valley regions
– Cropping, cattle and sheep farms
– Sea lions, fur seals and wildlife on Kangaroo Island
– Specialty producers and foods on Kangaroo Island
Your Tour Escort - Bill Dunlop
Bill Dunlop has had a lifetime involvement in the beef industry across all areas of Australia. Bill has been a cattle producer, a general manager and president of breed associations and a breed society world president. This experience has involved pure breeding, cross breeding and composite breeds. Bill has led tours to Eastern Europe, North America, the UK and Australia.