Experience one of the most pristine and magical places on earth on New Zealand’s South Island. Begin your journey in vibrant Queenstown then travel on to tranquil Te Anau. Embark on an overnight cruise on awe-inspiring Doubtful Sound with its breath-taking vistas, glacial fiords and incredible marine and birdlife! Continue via Invercargill (and Bill Richardson’s world-renowned Transport World) to Stewart Island, known for its rare native New Zealand birdlife and incredible fishing and walking trails. The tour includes a night in the rugged Catlins, the spectacular coastal stretch between Balclutha and Invercargill in the deep south, as well as the city of Dunedin with its Māori and Scottish heritage. This will be a small group tour you’ll never forget!
- Beautiful New Zealand in spring!
- Visits to leading family-owned farming operations in the productive Southland
- Fiordland National Park on scenic Lake Te Anau
- Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound
- Spectacular scenery plus marine and birdlife on Stewart Island
- Bill Richardson’s Transport Museum in Invercargill
- Remote and unique vistas in the Catlins plus Waipapa Lighthouse and Slope Point, the South Island’s southernmost point where trees grow sideways
- Historic Dunedin, known as the “Edinburgh of the South”