Escape from the cold and explore the western towns and historic regions of Queensland when the southern states are in the middle of winter. Visit large-scale cattle properties and a diverse range of agricultural enterprises, as well as horticultural properties on the Atherton Tablelands, in Far North Queensland. See how Queensland’s primary industries operate and visit renowned natural attractions such as spectacular Carnarvon Gorge. Lastly, relax in the northern tropical city of Cairns and have the option to visit either the Great Barrier Reef or the Daintree Rainforest – a great winter escape.
– Visit a feedlot, dairy and vegetable grower in the Darling Downs region
– Stay for two nights at spectacular Carnarvon Gorge National Park
– Watch the livestock auction at Roma Regional Saleyards
– Visit the Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Qantas Founders Outback Museum
– Enjoy a day on the Atherton Tablelands and a cruise to the Great Barrier Reef
Your Tour Escort - Kees Van Haasteren
Kees is from the Netherlands and began his working career with the Curacao Trading Company in Amsterdam before emigrating to Australia. He immediately became involved in agriculture, ultimately managing a large mixed property in NSW. Kees has an Advanced Diploma of Farm Management and has a keen interest in Landcare and sustainability. With his foreign language skills (English, Dutch, Spanish, German and French) and extensive agricultural knowledge, Kees provides a unique resource for Australian and international visitors.