Indulge the senses and experience the diversity of agriculture, including Mediterranean crops, olives, cured meats, chocolate and cheese, in the neighbouring countries of Italy and Switzerland. Travel through the Tuscan countryside and the spectacular Italian Lakes region and taste the ingredients that go into some of Italy’s best-loved foods. Visits to Farmers Markets and ‘Paddock to Plate’ experiences will showcase delicious local and regional produce and ensure you experience the true nature of these food loving countries. With a delicate balance between some of the world’s most historic World Heritage Sites and the chance to get into the Italian and Swiss countryside, this tour has something for everyone, visiting Italy’s and Switzerland’s best loved sights and rich cultural heritage. It’s an absolute ‘must’.
– Guided tours of Rome, Florence, Siena and Venice
– Truffle hunting and cheese tasting in rural Italy
– The beautiful Italian Lakes
– Delicious regional foods and wine – cheese, salami, hams, wines
– Dairy, beef cattle, sheep, buffalo and donkey farming enterprises
– Chocolate and cheese making in Switzerland
– Spectacular alpine scenery and travel by the famous Glacier Express train
Your Tour Escort - Kerry Moss
Kerry grew up in the New England area of NSW before embarking on a career that has seen her travel to five continents and more than 40 countries. She joined the Quadrant Australia team in Armidale in 2007. Kerry is our Outbound Operations Manager, based on the beautiful North Coast of NSW and is directly involved with international programs, including co-leading the South American Beef and Agricultural Tour in 2010, the Ireland and UK Tour in 2013 and the Farmers Tour to Italy in 2017. Kerry is really looking forward to sharing her travel experiences with you.