Costa Rica is an exotic nation of laid-back, friendly and happy people. Its culture is a vibrant blend of the many immigrants who lent their character and customs and have made the country their home. Spain’s colonial influence with Jamaica and China thrown in, all adds to the richness and cultural diversity of its people. Known as one of the ‘greenest countries in the world’, 30% of Costa Rica is proclaimed as national park. The abundance of wildlife is astounding and varied, with iguanas, monkeys, sloths, butterflies and colourful exotic birds, including hummingbirds, and toucans. The mountain ranges, cloud forests, rivers, lakes, volcanoes, outstanding beaches and biodiversity offer a unique travel destination and this tour includes them all.
- Cruise through the glades of Tortuguero to see exotic wildlife and colourful birds
- Walk through treetops of the cloud forests of Monteverde
- Discover the diversity of wildlife and experience the hot springs in Arenal National Park
- Visit a coffee plantation and see a dairy farm and cheese making operations near Poas Volcano
- See the Miraflores Locks, one of the three locks that form part of the Panama Canal