New for 2020 is our Farming Tour to Chile and Argentina which offers a fabulous chance to look at a diverse range of agriculture in two of South America’s favourite countries. From the cosmopolitan city of Santiago head south through productive valleys of vineyards, fruits, dairy and cattle. Visit colourful ports and lakeside towns, all overlooked by dramatic snow-capped mountains. Relax in the tranquil Chilean lakes region and cross the Andes into Argentina. Enjoy Bariloche, the ‘Switzerland of the south’ where dramatic alpine scenery and glacial lakes take your breath away. Experience the isolation of ranching on the Patagonian steppe and cropping enterprises around fertile Tandil. Observe the auction process at Liniers Livestock Market and take in a tango show in Buenos Aires. With ports and oceans, mountains and lakes, farms and fields, plus friendly people and generous hospitality, this tour is a must!
- Technical visits in the central Valley of Chile
- Puerto Varas, ‘the city of roses’ and the Villarica Volcano
- Spectacular scenery on the Lakes Crossing across the Andes from Chile to Argentina
- Liniers Livestock Market and a Tango evening in Buenos Aires
- Ranch visits on the Patagonian steppes