Mauritius is unforgettable! Located in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Madagascar and 2000kms off the coast of south east Africa, Mauritius has a mild climate, turquoise seas and French as its local language. White sandy beaches, lagoons and reefs contrast with rainforest and waterfalls in the mountainous interior. Local Mauritian crops include sugar cane and rice, as well as citrus and soft fruits which are often grown with vegetables and flowers for export. If you are looking for a relaxing break in a unique location, then join us for this two-centre farming tour and see just what island life offers the local producers.
– Inspect Domaine de Labourdonnais – a former sugar estate
– Guided tour of Port Louis harbour and market place
– See the giant tortoises at Isle aux Aigrettes
– Visit a diverse range of agricultural and horticultural enterprises
– See threatened species at Frederica Nature Reserve
– Enjoy delicious local foods at traditional restaurants
TOUR LEADER: Gordon Smith
Gordon Smith has a background in the travel industry and has been leading groups on technical and recreational tours from a variety of industries for nearly 35 years. He has been working with the agricultural industry for the last 10 years and has seen farming on every continent during that time. A married man with grown up children, travel is both his passion and profession.