The United Kingdom is well-known for its impressive castles, ornate stately homes and historic manor houses, generally surrounded by fabulous trees and beautiful gardens, so why not soak up the glorious scenery of the UK in spring and appreciate the rich heritage of generations of passionate gardeners and garden designers. Start your journey in Edinburgh and see some spectacular Scottish gardens, then travel southwards and see a diverse range of exceptional gardens in beautiful settings. Stay in historic locations, including the Lake District, the Cotswolds and Bath and finish in London with a visit to the Royal Horticultural Society’s flagship event – the Chelsea Flower Show.
– Explore exceptional private gardens often with a tour by the owner
– Stonehenge and Bath
– Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top home in the Lake District
– Enjoy the beautiful Lake District and the Cotswolds
– Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew
– Royal Horticultural Society’s flagship event in the Chelsea Flower Show
– Visit a broad range of garden designs both classic and modern, formal and informal
Your Tour Escort - Dot Smith
Dot Smith, Queen of the Castle and her husband Neil, live in their castle at Riverstone, North Otago in New Zealand’s South Island. Dot is passionate about gardening; she joined our UK Glorious Gardens tour in 2014 and has travelled many times
on tours with our New Zealand colleague company, C R McPhail. Dot has written a book, done three TV programs on her Castle and will feature in the popular New Zealand House & Garden magazine in February 2019.