Join us for a fabulous tour highlighting the clean and green farming practices that have made Tasmania the envy of the farming world. Visit a diverse range of farming enterprises and areas of outstanding natural beauty, including Cradle Mountain, the rugged west coast around Strahan, the Tasman Peninsula, historic Port Arthur and the productive Huon Valley. Of course, no tour to Tasmania would be complete without historic Hobart and its colourful Salamanca Market which celebrates Tasmania’s makers, growers and producers. This is a wonderful tour that encompasses the extraordinary innovation and artistic talent for which the Island State is known and provides the perfect opportunity to sample delicious regional produce and local wines.
- Visits to leading family-run livestock and horticultural enterprises
- Visits to artisan producers – cheese, pickled onions, wine and cider
- Sheffield – the Town of Murals with its pioneer theme murals painted on the old buildings
- Cradle Mountain and beautiful Dove Lake
- A scenic West Coast Wilderness railway journey and a luncheon cruise on Macquarie Harbour
- Salamanca Market and the historic sights of Hobart, plus a half day trip to Port Arthur
Your Tour Escort - Kees Van Haasteren
Kees is from the Netherlands and began his working career with the Curacao Trading Company in Amsterdam before emigrating to Australia. He immediately became involved in agriculture, ultimately managing a large mixed property in NSW. Kees has an Advanced Diploma of Farm Management and has a keen interest in Landcare and sustainability. With his foreign language skills (English, Dutch, Spanish, German and French) and extensive agricultural knowledge, Kees provides a unique resource for Australian and international visitors.