When the southern states are in the middle of Winter, this tour offers a great chance to escape the cold and explore the western towns and historic regions of Queensland. Visit large-scale cattle properties and a diverse range of agricultural enterprises, as well as horticultural properties on the Atherton Tablelands, in Far North Queensland. See how Queensland’s primary industries operate and visit renowned natural attractions such as spectacular Carnarvon Gorge. Lastly, relax in the northern tropical city of Cairns and have the option to visit the Great Barrier Reef.
– Visit a feedlot, dairy and vegetable grower in the fertile Darling Downs region
– Stay for two nights at spectacular Carnarvon Gorge National Park
– Watch the livestock auction at Roma Regional Saleyards
– See the Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Qantas Museum
– Inspect an avocado operation on the Atherton Tablelands
– Enjoy a day cruise to the Great Barrier Reef
Your Tour Escort - Kees Van Haasteren
Kees is from the Netherlands and began his working career with the Curacao Trading Company in Amsterdam before emigrating to Australia. He immediately became involved in agriculture, ultimately managing a large mixed property in NSW. Kees has an Advanced Diploma in Farm Management and has a keen interest in Landcare and sustainability. Kees combines his foreign language skills (English, Dutch, Spanish, German and French) with his extensive agricultural knowledge, providing a unique resource for the benefit of Australian and international visitors.