Many people fly all the way to Europe to enjoy the alpine scenery around Switzerland, Austria, and northern Italy. Well, don’t forget there is a very acceptable substitute – and it is right at our backdoor, just across the ditch! New Zealand’s South Island is one of the most scenic parts of the world and no matter if you’ve been before it is well worth the return visit. In late summer, Quadrant will be running a tour that immerses itself in the beauty of the South Island – as well as offering people with a passion for croquet to get in a few games with the locals at four of the iconic clubs in Christchurch, Akaroa, Wanaka and Queenstown. If you and/or your partner play croquet or have ever wondered if you’d like to learn this most enjoyable game, then this will be a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the company of others with the similar interests; have a relaxing holiday in a beautiful part of the world – all at a very affordable price.
- Christchurch – the “Garden City”
- The charming French settlement of Akaroa
- Spectacular Aoraki Mount Cook and the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
- A high country sheep station
- Play Golf Croquet and have social activities with the locals at four different South Island Croquet Clubs.
- Lindis Pass and the beautiful lakeside town of Wanaka
- Historic Arrowtown and the cosmopolitan adventure capital of Queenstown
TOUR ESCORT – Colin Beckett
Colin started playing croquet when he settled on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast in 2020. He is now an enthusiastic regular at the local croquet club and starting to participate in CQ and SSCR golf croquet
competitions. Colin is well experienced as a tour leader – having led and escorted numerous groups around Australia and many parts of the world since stating AgTour Australia (a forerunner to Quadrant Australia) in Rockhampton back in 1985. Colin is partly retired, but still plays an active role as a director with Quadrant Australia