The state of Victoria is our second smallest state but certainly packs a punch in terms of agricultural diversity, stunning scenery and natural attractions. This tour commences in Melbourne, a European style city built from the proceeds of the famous goldrushes of the 1850s. The itinerary takes you to the lush dairying country in Gippsland, east of Melbourne, the spectacular High Country and then through Ned Kelly country to the historic port of Echuca on the Murray River. Travelling southwards through the gold-mining towns of Bendigo and Ballarat, you’ll see productive cropping country and sheep farms and further south you’ll see spectacular coastal scenery along the Great Ocean Road and Shipwreck Coast. The tour concludes in Melbourne, in time for all highlights of the Melbourne Cup – the race that stops a nation!
– Visit many of Melbourne’s famous landmarks – the Yarra River, St Kilda, the MCG
– See the spectacular Victorian High Country
– Enjoy Echuca and a Murray River Paddle Steamer Cruise
– Travel along the scenic Great Ocean Road
– Visit the historic gold mining cities of Bendigo and Ballarat
– Farm visits highlighting the diversity of agriculture in this small state
– Melbourne Cup Carnival – including AAMI Victoria Derby Day & Lexus Melbourne Cup