Israel is a world leader in agricultural innovation. This one-of-a-kind tour will take you to the fascinating Middle East where you can experience its breathtaking beauty and ancient history. At the same time, experience first-hand the close cooperation between farmers, the agricultural industry and the technological research which has made Israel’s agricultural sector a world leader. Visits will include kibbutz, private family farms, the Israeli Cattle Breeders Association, agricultural technology companies, drip irrigation, harvest machinery solutions and desert farming systems. Visit Tel Aviv’s busiest marketplace, filled with colourful stall and vendors, the holy city of Jerusalem, the Bahai Gardens in Haifa city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Beér Sheva, where Australian and New Zealand horsemen bravely led the greatest charge in modern history.
- Visit innovative kibbutzim, Netafim Drip Irrigation, wastewater and desalination operations
- Inspect plant breeding, horticulture, dairy and cattle enterprises
- Wander through the World Heritage sites of Haifa and Acre and sacred sites in Jerusalem
- Inspect agricultural R & D projects in the arid Arava Valley
- Spend two nights on Kibbutz Ginosar
- Visit Masada, the Dead Sea and Beér Sheva
Your Tour Escort - Kerry Lonergan
Kerry Lonergan grew up in the Hunter Valley and as a teenager he worked on various sheep, dairy and cattle properties. A long career in journalism led to him starting Landline in 1991 and he remains on the programme as its commodity specialist. Kerry has been to Israel many times both as a working journalist and as a tourist. He has taken a special interest in the country’s amazing ingenuity in agriculture especially with water – recycled, distilled and re-used again and again.